I have decided that I really love age 4. Clark can communicate clearly, get his own food and drinks, clean up messes, help unload the dishwasher, take himself to the bathroom, wash his own hands, and put on his own clothes. I love the independence. I can reason with him (assuming he's not tired). We can have fun with each other doing things I actually like to do too (like riding the Razor scooter). It's just been fun! I can't imagine our family without Clark. Let's be honest - the whole house revolves around him. :)
While we were in California, we had a party for him. I know he LOVED the attention. We had pizza and cake/ice cream and opened presents. No decorations. No games. No party prizes. But he was on cloud 9 because people were paying attention to him.
.JPG) |
| Birthday Princess? |
.JPG) |
| Since we were staying in LA, my dad was able to come to Clark's party. |
.JPG) |
| Human basketball hoop |
.JPG) |
| Secrets with Papa |
.JPG) |
| Enjoying the gluten free/dairy free cake. Mmm :) |
On his real birthday, it took some convincing that he wasn't already 4 and we still needed to celebrate. We started off the day by going to a life insurance office (because I'm a good parent like that). Clark thought the activity was great though. There were toys in the office and he hopped up on the insurance salesman's lap and built a puzzle with him. Then I took him to a bakery where he made friends with a table full of women. He invited them all over for cake and ice cream that night (including his future school principal). Then we went to Target and he invited all of the workers over for his party too. As they were walking away, he yelled, "Goodbye to all you mothers!" I just love how friendly he is. It's funny that he comes from 2 introverted parents. We ended the day with ice cream cones dipped in Oreos (his choice).
 |
| Massive birthday cinnamon roll. They let him pick a birthday treat on his way out the door too. He could choose anything in the case and he chose the discounted "day old" pastries. Gotta train him better. |
 |
| Morning present from Mommy - awesome toy! |
 |
| He wanted chips and cheese for his birthday dinner. So I convinced him to make it a little more upscale with grilled ham and cheese with salad. |
 |
| Hands, hands everywhere! I was trying to hold up a #4 but Clark can't take a picture without jazz hands. |
 |
| Chris found out Clark liked these knights at the toy store so he went back to get them. They were a hit! |
 |
| Clark has never seen Ninja Turtles, but he saw this hideous shirt at Target and desperately wanted it. Good thing it was $3 on clearance. |
 |
| Isaac has a rice milk ice cream bar. Totally disgusting. Chris and I both gagged. He devoured it and asked for more. Poor kid doesn't know what he's missing! |
Happy birthday, Clarkster!! We love you tons!
Happy birthday cute little guy!!! Caleb especially misses you, but he loves to see pictures of you.
ReplyDeletePink and purple presents!!!! Wahoo!
ReplyDeleteAnd that was Jocey commenting....
ReplyDelete